IoT gateway: Affordable tools for creating your own Smart Home
01 October, 2017-10-01 14:00 2017-10-01 15:30 Europe/Kiev IT Arena, IoT gateway: Affordable tools for creating your own Smart Home
14:00 - 15:30
Trout, Bread and Wine, Lviv, 49 Brativ Rohatyntsiv Str.
Is there a way to create your dream Smart Home with your own hands, without spending thousands of dollars on expensive equipment? Most of the currently available Smart Home Systems are not just costly, but have a vendor lock with a restricted set of user scenarios. As Smart Home and IoT enthusiasts, we know the secret to an affordable, fully-functioning, user-friendly Smart Home that you can try out yourself! In 1,5 hours you’ll learn the basics and beyond, and will be able to “teach” your house to tweet your room temperature and automatically turn off the lights during Earth Hour.
During our workshop PLVision’s leading IoT engineers will talk about and demonstrate the following key points:
– Smart Home for rookies: Introduction to IoT, explanation of basic concepts
– How to configure an IoT gateway – the brain of your Smart Home
– How to make your IoT gateway intelligent and accessible via Internet (using free open source software)
– Creating a powerful Smart Home System using commonly available hardware, without vendor restrictions
– Enabling a real Smart Home user scenario that you will be able to try out yourself.
To participate in our workshop you’ll need:
– Programming background is optional
– Great mood
Position: Networking Solutions Architect at PLVision
Taras Chornyi is a Networking Solutions Architect at PLVision, a software engineering and consulting company specialized in Computer Networking and Internet of Things. Taras has dedicated 6 years to Embedded Systems and Networking and continues to work in these domains. Among his interests Taras singles out VoIP and in his spare time contributes information to OPNFV Barometer and Collectd projects.