Position: Head of Transactions Practice
Organization: Marchenko Partners
M&A expert with 15+ years experience of helping domestic and international clients to sell/buy businesses in Ukraine and abroad. Last year, successfully closed the biggest Ukrainian M&A deal of the year acting for Dubai-based DP World on a multi-million dollar acquisition of TIS Container Terminal. In 2018, represented EnergoGroup on over US$700 million sale of its coal business to a group of investors including Metinvest B.V. (which was also the biggest Ukrainian transaction of the year). Other clients include Subway, Ecosoft, Export-Import Bank of the United States, Phase One Karma, Amsterdam Trade Bank, Western NIS Enterprise Fund, and East-West United Bank. Highly recognized by legal directories Who’s Who Legal, IFLR1000, Legal500, and Ukrainian Law Firms.
– Roman Shulyar, Transactions Partner of Marchenko Partners
– Rostyslav Dyuk, Chairman of the Board at the Ukrainian Association of FinTech and Innovative Companies
– Ihor Markevych, Head of Development at Ukrainian Startup Fund
1. A question older than the world: where and how to raise capital for tech startups?
– Success stories
2. Cashing out of IT business: how to make a successful exit.
– Preparations to exit: dos and don’ts
– When is the right time to cash out? General considerations and business aspects
– Mind what you are selling. Share deal vs asset deal
– Please welcome the purchaser! Avoid perils and build relations
– Don’t get lost! General scenario of M&A deal
– Tips and tricks. 5 things you should know for a successful exit