Code of conduct
All attendees, speakers, sponsors, and volunteers (participants) at the IT Arena conference (the Event, the online Event) are required to agree with the following code of conduct. Organizers will enforce this code throughout the event. We(organizers) expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
The harassment-free Event
Our conference is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks, workshops, parties, conference online applications, websites, platform, and other online media.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces(including online), deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
Participants asked to stop any harassing, illegal, or inappropriate behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Sponsors are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, sponsors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the conference staff immediately.
English is a conference language in all common areas of the app/platform. The participants should use only Latin letters and no special symbols/figures in their name (The participants should make sure their name corresponds to the name they used when purchasing the ticket)
Legal issues and Consent
By attending the online Event you acknowledge and agree that where you choose to participate in Webinar elements of the online Event you are giving consent to store recordings for any of all webinars or video conferences that you join if such recordings are in our systems. You will receive a notification (visual or otherwise) when recording is enabled. If you do not consent to be recorded, you can choose to leave the meeting, stream, or webinar. You agree to permit us, or any third party licensed by us, to use, distribute, broadcast, or otherwise globally disseminate your likeness, name, voice, and words in perpetuity in television, radio, film, newspapers, magazines, and other media now available and hereafter developed, both before, during and any time after the online Event, and in any form, without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant includes the right to edit the media, the right to use the media (alone or together with other information), and the right to allow others to use or distribute the media.
You acknowledge and agree that views expressed by speakers at or in connection with the online Event are their own and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any advice given or views expressed during or in connection with the online Event.
We may permit you to send messages and other communications to us or to other users via the App and/or online Platform (“Messages”). You are solely responsible for your Messages and the consequences of sending them, and expressly release us and agree to hold us harmless, from all and any liability arising from your Messages. You grant us (and we accept) a global right to use, store, and reproduce your Messages for the limited purpose of facilitating sending them to your chosen recipients (and we may also use third-party service providers to facilitate the sending of your Messages). You represent and warrant that your Messages will not infringe any third party rights of others. You acknowledge and agree that the provisions of our Code of Conduct shall also apply to Messages that you send.
We may permit your sharing and publishing of Your content to the online Event subject to this Code of Conduct (“Your Contribution”) and you grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual right to use Your Contribution on in relation to the Event. You understand that you are responsible for Your Contribution and it may be publicly available and You agree to waive any moral rights in Your Contribution. We have discretion whether to publish your Your Contribution and we reserve the right without further notice to you, to monitor, censor, edit, remove, and/or delete any and all of Your Contribution at any time which we believe to be in violation of this Code of Conduct. We reserve the right to access, read, preserve and disclose any Your Contribution or any other information that we obtain in connection with the Services as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, subpoena, or governmental request; (ii) enforce this Code of Conduct, including investigation of potential violations of it; (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (iv) respond to your user support requests; or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users or the public.
You are not permitted to engage in or attempt to engage in any activity in breach of this Code of Conduct, this includes:
- Impersonating or misrepresenting an individual or entity in a manner that is considered misleading or deceptive;
- Partaking in activities that are considered fraudulent, unlawful or false, such as scams;
- Using our site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation;
- Sending mass solicitation material without intent or purpose, such as spam;
- Knowingly transmitting any data, or sending or uploading any material, that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- Knowingly sending, receiving, uploading, download, using, or re-using any material that does not comply with our content standards;
- Violating the privacy of individuals, or distributing confidential or personal information relating to individuals;
- Violating or infringing any intellectual property or proprietary rights of individuals or entities, including but not limited to copyrights.
You may not use your username, display name, or profile bio to engage in any practice prohibited by this Code of Conduct.
Prohibition of illegal use
When accessing and using the Event platform, website, or App and its related subdomains you are prohibited from:
- violating any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation;
- using the Event for any illegal purpose and you agree to use it in accordance with all relevant and applicable laws;
- promoting or providing information about illegal activities, promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promoting any illegal acts;
- uploading or transmitting through the Event tools any computer viruses, macro viruses, Trojan horses, worms, or anything other harmful activity;
- overriding any security feature of the Website/Platform or jeopardize the security of your account or someone else’s account (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Website/Platform/App as you);
- interfering with the operation of, or places an unreasonable load on, the Website/Platform/App(such as viruses, denial of service attack or gaming algorithms);
- using manual or automated software, devices, or other means or processes to access, scrape or crawl the Website/Platform/App or any content or information contained in it;
- engaging in ‘framing’, ‘mirroring’, or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Website/Platform/App;
- removing any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Website/Platform/App or from the online Event;
- modifying, creating derivative works or copying or storing any significant portion of the Website/Platform/App or online Event or any related technology (unless allowed by law or we expressly authorize);
- using filming equipment or other devices to record the online Event;
- using the Website/Platform/App (or any part of it) in a manner which may result in; (i) the Website/Platform/App and/or the online Event being interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient, or such manner designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or Website/Platform/App; (ii) sharing any material which is unlawful, libelous, abusive, obscene, pornographic, discriminatory, harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or otherwise objectionable, defamatory, offensive, or of an obscene or menacing character, or that may cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety; (iii) impairing the effectiveness or functionality of the Website/Platform/App or the online Event; or (iv) violating or infringing the rights of any person, firm or company (including, but not limited to, IP, confidentiality and/ or privacy) of the Website/Platform/App;
- attempting to grant any unauthorized access to any part or component of the Website/Platform/App;
- copying or distributing any part of the Website/Platform/App in any medium without our prior written consent; and
- altering or modifying any part of the Website/Platform/App other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the Website/Platform/App for its intended use; or
- reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling deciphering or otherwise attempting to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Website/Platform/App or any related technology, or any part thereof unless allowed by law;
- Compromising the security of the Website/Platform/App such as transmitting viruses, malware, or destructive code;
- Attempting to circumvent restrictions on access or usage;
- Tampering with the Website/Platform/App or accounts of users such as hacking;
- harvesting, gathering, or sharing private information from the conference, Website/Platform/App or accounts of its users without consent; or
- Partaking in hostile activities aimed at damaging the conference, Website/Platform/App, or accounts of its users.
- We may terminate or restrict your use of our Website/Platform/App if you violate this Code of Conduct or are engaged in the illegal or fraudulent use of the Website/Platform/App(see the Chapter IV).
Sanctions for violations
We expect participants to follow these rules at conference and workshop venues and conference-related social events, on an online platform.
Conference participants violating these above-mentioned rules for the first time may be sanctioned or just warned (notice).
Conference participants violating these above-mentioned rules second time may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference(“banned”) without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers. This is irreversible.