Earlier this month, 10 Ukrainian IoT startups were selected to join the Ukrainian Expo of the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas in January 2018. The startups have received the support of industry association UVCA and USAID-backed fund WNISEF.
Out of these 10 startups, 3 participants were presented at IT Arena in previous years:
- Senstone - an AI-powered wearable device which automatically converts your voice notes into text and organizes them for easy access. The device is designed specifically for note-taking and on the spot usage, in situations not always convenient for writing things down. Senstone raised more than $ 300, 000 on Kickstarter, which is 6 times more than the initial pledge. At the Startup Competition which took place at IT Arena 2017, Senstone won in the Best B2B category, receiving the invitation to the Seedstars Ukraine national final.
- LaMetric - is a connected clock which shows time, weather, news, social&digital metrics, smart home notifications in real-time. The product is already available via Amazon.
- Kray Technologies - a US-headquartered startup with Ukrainian roots. Kray Technologies product is a drone that pollinates crops, able to handle 500 hectares per day.
Other Ukrainian startups that will go to Las Vegas:
- EIT Backpack - the first backpack with LED screen.
- Kidslox - an app that allows parental control for cell phones and tablets. The 2-week trial period is free. You can try out the app here.
- Kwambio - a manufacturing platform that offers unique art and design objects, made-on-demand in ceramics and metal.
- MMone - the startup has developed a new simulator specifically for use with VR headsets. It includes a fixed platform with adjustable legs, the base (or “hand”), attached sports seats, and VR glasses or screen. The control system includes a joystick or interactive wheel.
- PassivDom - a technological manufacturing company. The company produces autonomous self-learning module houses using 3D printing. PassivDom uses only ecologically clean solar energy and the house itself produces electricity for all house appliances.
- Agrieye - a Ukrainian-founded AI-powered aims to change the future of landfarming. Agrieye is looking for $3.5 million to scale on the US market.
- Discoperi - a tech startup offering an AI-enhanced road safety control system called EYE, which aims to save 300 000 lives annually and decrease number of car accidents by 25 %.
Moreover, Cubomania - a team offering interactive toy cubes for kids, which also took park at IT Arena 2017 Startup Competition, won the “Audience Choice” nomination.
Great to see the success of these guys. Good luck in Las Vegas!
CES is a global consumer electronics and consumer technology tradeshow that takes place every January in Las Vegas, Nevada. CES showcases more than 3,900 exhibiting companies, including manufacturers, developers and suppliers of consumer technology hardware, content, technology delivery systems and more; a conference program with more than 300 conference sessions and more than 170K attendees from 150 countries. CES 2018 will take place from 9 to 12 January.
Photo: IT Arena, EIT